search Domestic Dharma

Friday, November 18, 2011

Good Frosty Morning =)

Good Morning from a frosty Michigan!  We're starting to get some colder weather and had a beautiful burst of blowing snow yesterday for our second snow fall of the year, no accumulation yet, which is just fine, we have some long cold winters here!

This week I went to visit my Momma for the day and night for a girls sleepover and packed some sustinance for my trip.  First I totally enjoyed this green juice sitting in the sun. 

Organic juice of:
romaine
cucumber
spinach
ginger
apple
orange

Photobucket

I made the Broccoli Salad from The Cancer Survivor's Guide to Foods That Help you Fight Back.  (I am not ill, but I think this book is wise).  It's really simple to make, I did leave out the sugar the recipe calls for because I don't think it needs it. 

Photobucket

Mom and I pretty much devoured this for lunch and dinner!

Photobucket

This was my dinner plate:  broccoli salad, boiled organic beets (yum!), raw cauliflower with raw curry pate dip, brown rice and quinoa mix from Seeds of Change (we did not heat in the bag).  It was delicious, awesome foods =) 

Photobucket

In the morning I started off with an organic green protein smoothie that I had packed:

2 fresh bananas
unsweetened almond milk
frozen peaches
fresh spinach
1 tsp spirulina
2 pitted dates
splash of almond extract
2 scoops of Raw protein powder

Photobucket

for my back log of photos I found these from Hubby and I's dinner for my birthday in May this summer.  We went to Jazzy Veggie downtown Ann Arbor for a vegan dinner that is always so tasty. 

Hubby had the potstickers

Photobucket

and the sausage n peppers hoagie

Photobucket

we shared their delicious baked sweet pot fries

Photobucket

I had what I pretty much always choose, the sweet potato quinoa burger. 

Photobucket

Here I am turning 33.

Photobucket

We walked around town after and stopped into Schakolad for a piece of chocolate.  They have a nice few options of vegan chocolate.  I believe these were coconut, MI cherry, and PB.  The guy working keep giving me free pieces once he found out it was my BD ;) 

Photobucket

and this was the sky on our drive home, gorgeous.  I'm a lucky girl. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment