search Domestic Dharma

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hockeytown

This week we were fortunate to be given tickets to game 6 of the Redwings and Sharks.  We had amazing seats, 6th row off the glass.  The only other time I'd been to a Wings game was in Middle School when my Dad took me, my brother, and a friend where we sat up in the top of the upper bowl, little bit different perspective!  The atmosphere was so fun, we really had a blast cheering on the Wings.  It was hubby's first time to the Joe so I had to take his pic ;)

Photobucket

Enjoying a beautiful evening walking the Detroit Riverwalk to the arena.

Photobucket
The view from our seats. 

Photobucket

Us having fun on a Tuesday night =) 

Photobucket
While watching the game I was not inspired to drink beer and eat pizza, I was however very inspired to get back to exercising!  I find it pretty ironic that we will often cheer for athletes in top physical shape while gathering together and doing decidedly unhealthy things.  I'm not against having fun, don't get me wrong, but when I watch people at the top of their game I find it motiving...so I took my five fingers out for their first run.  I actually intended on going for a walk to enjoy the sun and fresh air as a break from studying, but my feet felt like running.  So that's what we did and I was amazed at how much I wanted to run (I am not much of a runner let me tell you).  I did an hour of run/walk intervals and felt pretty amazing.  It may have been a combination of the sunshine here (finally!) and all the chia seeds that I eat, or how the first run is always the easiest, but I do know that my body loved running in my new shoes!

Photobucket
I was a good girl and did my stretching afterwards in the yard.  Where I decided then to lay down and read while the cats explored a bit and enjoyed the sun themselves.  Breaking free from winter!

Photobucket

I'm reading Something Blue. Last weekend I had a great meet up after school with a couple of girlies to see Something Borrowed!  I love girl movie dates  =) The movie was cute and got me in the mood to watch love stories, I have promptly watched The Notebook since, swoon!  If you are a Ryan Gosling fan, just wait until you see one of the previews during Something Blue! 

Other inspiring sightings:  I saw these cute window signs in Petoskey at Yoga Roots.

"Yoga has been known to cause health and happiness"

Photobucket

"Trying to find the answers from outside yourself is nonsense.  You need to look inward."  ~HH the Dalai Lama

Photobucket

What inspires you?

Do you embrace your dandelions??? 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment